|Time allowed : 3 hours
||Maximum Marks : 70
- All questions are compulsory.
- Marks for each question are indicated against it.
- Question numbers 1 to 5 are very short-answer, carrying 1 mark
each. Answer these in one word or about one-sentence each.
- Question numbers 6 to 12 are short-answer, carrying 2 marks
each. Answer these in about 30 words each.
- Question numbers 13 to 24 are short-answer questions of 3 marks
each. Answer these in about 40 words each.
- Question numbers 25 and 27 are long-answer questions of 5 marks
each. Answer these in about 70 words each.
- Use Log Tables, if necessary. Use of calculators is not
- What is the maximum possible corrdination number of an atom in
an hcp crystal structure of an element ?
- State the formula relating pressure of a gas with its mole
fraction in a liquid solution in contact with it.
- Express the relation between the half-life period of a reactant
and its initial concentration if the reaction involved is of second
- How are formalin and trioxane related to methanal?
- Why are primary amines higher boiling than tertiary amines?
- Show that the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle is of negligible
significance for an object of mass.
<br.On the basis of Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle show that
electron cannot exist within an atomic nucleus of
- On the basis of the following values at 1073 K :
Show that the roasing of zinc sulphide to form zinc oxide is a
- Write one chemical reaction each to show that
- Tin (II) chloride is a reducing agent.
- Chlorine gas can be obtained from bleaching powder.
- Describe the steps involved in the preparation of either
potassium dichromate from sodium chromate or potassium permanganate
from manganese dioxide.
- What are enantiomers and diastereomers ? Differentiate between
chiral and achiral molecules.
Click Here for Complete Question